British, 1867 - 1930
Click image to learn more about each picture, or send as a free e-card
Book illustrator and portraitist; influenced by Sir Edward Burne-Jones and Walter Crane. Cole illustrated volumes of poetry, literature and children's books published by John Lane, J.M. Dent, and other notable publishers, during the period circa 1890s-1920s. Worked primarily in ink, pencil and watercolour.
Works in public collections: Sylvia Pankhurst (National Portrait Gallery, London).
Some of the works which Cole provided illustrations for include:
- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
- Froissart's Chronicles
- Bayard: The Good Knight Without Fear and Without Reproach
- English Fairy Tales
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
- Gulliver's Travels
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- White Lilac
- Southward Ho!
- Heraldry and Floral Forms as Used in Decoration
- Tales for Children from Many Lands
- The Wind Among the Reeds (W.B. Yeats)
No messages have been posted about this artist. Post a new message (requires login).